Saturday 13 June 2009

The First Noel



This weeks challenge on Winter Wonderland was A Christmas Carol. I love Carols, but prefer the modern day ones - are they really Carols? I don't know, but they all remind me of the magical time of year called Christmas. My card is called "The First Noel". My husband really wanted me to incorporate a photo of Noel Edmunds on it - he thought that would be really funny - I didn't!!!. The Noel is printed on a snowflake background and then set onto pale lilac card and then a red card with gold outline. The backing paper says Merry Christmas all over it and provides a good setting. I wrote "The First" in gold pen on shrink plastic and then shrunk it (obviously) and angled it on a slant at the top of the N.
I really am enjoying the Winter Wonderland Challenges, and hope to have all my Christmas Cards wrapped up by the time I have finished - and in plenty of time for the festive time itself.

5 comments:

  1. Another lovely card Sarah! I love 'The First' on the shrink plastic ... it adds some great dimension :o)

    Thank you for joining us again this week at Winter Wonderland.

    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your husbands sense of humour Sarah. Your card is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Winter Wonderland.
    Hugs pascale

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card xx jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya, fantastic card, I love the jumbo letters. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from the WinterWonderland Blog. I was very happy to have found it. I love your card from last challenge! Great idea!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete